Speech and Language Therapist, London, September 2017
Speech and Language therapist
Band 6 / Band 7
Prospero Teaching are currently seeking a Speech and Language therapist who is interested in working with a school in Fulham, starting September 2017.
As a Speech and Language therapist, you will be required to be registered with HCPC and be on Band 6 or Band 7 upwards.
The school is a small SEN school located in Fulham educating students between the ages of 11 - 16, students who attend this SEN school are on the Autistic spectrum and are supported by a range of teachers, therapists and other education and healthcare professionals.
Students often have other needs including moderate to severe learning difficulties and complex needs. Students are also both verbal and non-verbal and some work to P levels or National Curriculum levels 1 and 2.
Speech and Language therapist job responsibilities:
- To diagnose & assess patients
- Implement the best treatment plans and record the outcome of all progressions & interventions.
- liaise with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- To liaise with Teachers, Occupational therapist and other professionals within the school as well as Parents.
- Strong communication and high quality care for the students.
- To use a range of strategies to provide quality experiences which meet the needs of all children in and out of the class.
- Have a Psychology / English Language / Speech Pathology degree or equivalent.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK.
- Encourage students to reach their full potential.
- Hold a current and up to date Enhanced DBS disclosure or be willing to process one.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for this role, although there will be other opportunities available.
Prospero Teaching recruits teachers for supply, long term teaching or permanent teaching jobs, for schools across the UK.
If you are interested in working as a nursery nurse, classroom assistant, primary teacher, secondary teacher, teaching assistant, SENCO, school support staff, SEN Teacher, or if you are an NQT, contact Prospero Teaching today to register.
Prospero Teaching, have teaching positions across, North London, West London, East London, South East London, South West London, West midlands and all Home Counties including, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Kent.
If you're interested in this role, please apply with your most up to date CV or for more information, please contact the SEN team