IT Support Technician Job, Bangor, North Wales
We have an opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join a software company based in Bangor, North Wales this is a growing organisation who operate in a Windows environment.
As the IT Support Technician you will be responsible for:
- Provide IT Service Desk support to the Company’s staff via deskside support, telephone, skype or remote access.
- Monitor, action and resolve the IT support tickets in the Service Desk system, assigning and escalating where appropriate.
- Build and maintain desktop and laptop PC using MS Windows (experience in Windows 7, 8 and 10). Experience of PC imaging and deployment automation beneficial.
- Windows Updates. Using WSUS and configuring clients accordingly via group policy.
- Manage the updating, patching and reboots on PC and servers as directed.
- Install and maintain Anti-Virus software on desktops, laptops & servers.
- Maintain inventory of IT assets.
- Create and maintain user accounts: Active Directory, Office365, SQL Server etc.
- Support email. Exchange 2016 and Office 365. Create accounts, groups, lists etc.
- Office365 administration and maintenance tasks.
- Create and maintain IT documentation, including PC build and software installation.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to developing the IT services of the Company.
- Liaise with suppliers of IT products and services as directed.
To be successful in the role of IT Support Technician you must have:
- Experience of Active Directory. Creating and maintaining users, computers, groups, shares, security, ACLs etc. Knowledge of Group Policies, their creation and application.
- Experience of working in virtualised server environment. VMware and Azure beneficial.
- Knowledge of networks: e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and IP Subnets
- Understanding of LANs, WANs, VPNs and site-to-site networks.
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure using appropriate tools.
- Knowledge of scripting to automate basic admin tasks. E.g. PowerShell, WSH etc.
- Experience of working in an ISO 27001 environment, and an appreciation of the audit process.
The IT support is working in a fast-paced company, it is essential as the Technical Support that you are able to build and maintain relationships, be organised and able to multi task. This is a permanent position based in Bangor North Wales. To apply contact S2 who recruit IT and Technical roles throughout the UK.