Business Development and Events Manager
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Business Development and Events manager to join our team here at R.S. Hispaniola.
The main purpose of the role is to target new potential customers and be responsible for building and converting a pipeline for new projects to drive major, compounded growth. As a Business Development and Events Manager you will be involved in determining the company's overall business and customer strategy whilst adhering to budget guidelines.
R.S. Hispaniola is a permanently moored vessel at one of the most sort after locations on the River Thames. Newly refurbished the Hispaniola’s varied menu is set to attract the local business market in the area. It has two decks, the upper forward and aft areas have plenty of outside seating as well as a cosy bar and the lower deck can seat up to 140 people.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Flexible to changes; as well as learn and work with new systems (eg. Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Negotiation skills - to negotiate a suitable product package with the customer.
- A minimum two year experience in an events/sales role
- Customer service experience
- Strong telephone manner
- Commercially minded
- Maintaining event budgets
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- Attention & Accuracy to detail
- To exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- Smart/Well presented and Polite
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Results driven yet customer focused
- Ability to influence and build strong business partnerships within the organisation
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
- Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- Excellent organisational and time management skills