Infrastructure Project Manager - Data Center
A leading hedge fund in the City of London now has an opening for an Infrastructure Project Manager to Project Manage various Infrastructure Data Center / Data Centre projects.
The Technical Infrastructure Project Manager will work with the global engineering and architecture teams and various external parties to maintain the existing systems, plan for growth as well as plan and deploy releases into production environments.
The Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Data Centre Project Manager will include;
- Working with in internal and external teams to gather project requirements
- Engaging, fostering, and managing strong relationships between internal and external project resources
- Managing prioritisation and execution of projects, and reporting on project progress through the full lifecycle
- Documenting requirements accurately
- Leading the design, development and deployment of work plans and producing the required tasks, resources and schedule for complex projects
- Escalating project and task anomalies and correcting problems identified during projects
- Planning and coordinating activities for the physical Hardware and Network Installations in a data center
- Coordinating with various teams to manage shipments and equipment orders
- Meeting with trading teams regularly to understand their growth plans
- Contributing suggestions for new process and for improving existing processes
- Ideally the Infrastructure Project Manager will have at least 5 years experience in a Technology or Finance environment with at least 3 years + Project Management experience
- Experience with Market Data and general knowledge of networking and Server configurations
- Knowledge of Linux beneficial
- Knowledge of technology to give the company a competitive edge
- Knowledgeable about IT infrastructure and data center environments
- Knowledgeable about application development cycles and pre go-live requirements
- The work environment is open planned and laid back but professional with an emphasis on Team work.
The salary is to attract the best and will also include a generous bonus of up to 30% of salary, Gym membership, Medical and Dental Insurance and Group Life Insurance and Income Protection.
Please forward your CV urgently.