Technical Project Manager - Telecoms Infrastructure - Great FTSE 250
This is position contains a satisfying challenge!
We are looking for an energetic, "hands-on" technical project manager to drive a number of telecoms infrastructure-related projects of considerable complexity in a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide.
Working directly for a Director of Operations Engineering, yet with a considerable level of autonomy, you will be responsible for the structure and delivery of projects whose success largely relies upon your ability to deftly manage an array of internal and external stakeholders, often with conflicting priorities and views. Whether it be moving a data centre to a new location or migrating two existing systems into one (as a result of acquisition), you will have the requisite technical expertise to both translate technical requirements into non-technical terms for steering committee presentations and understand what needs to be done on the ground to keep projects on target.
Character is all. You must have a strong hand yet be someone who can build rapport naturally as you seek to engage and negotiate with a multitude of stakeholders, thus oiling the wheels of the project tasks to hand. You will be at ease working autonomously, understand the value of effective updates and be able to apply project methodologies in a fluid and intelligent manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management skills, ideally on large/medium infrastructure related projects ideally with a Prince 2 or equivalent project management methodology qualification
- Technical background in telecommunications and/or experience of managing technical integration projects in the telecoms industry
- Experience of implementing and controlling change management
- Excellent project planning, forecasting and reporting skills
- Microsoft Project and all associated software skills for day to day activities (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Upbeat, organised and a natural "do-er"