Group Operational Accountant
Exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant from a top 6 accountancy firm to make their first move into the corporate world joining an established but fast growing organisation within the Hospitality and Leisure sector within their Global Head Office near Victoria.
The firm is a genuine market leader operating in 18 countries across the world. They have secured PE funding to maintain continued growth plans across the world.
To analyse existing processes and procedures across all operational entities globally, defining and implementing improvements as required, while supporting the Group FC.
This is a crucial role as part of a global transformation project to revolutionise the finance function of the group.
- Perform a comprehensive assessment of operational finance across the Group, produce a standardised set of policies and procedures and implement these across all operations
- Produce a full set of procedural and training documentation to be distributed to employees across the group
- Assessment of current operational in-city accounting infrastructure, including, but not limited to:
- Accounts payable cycle
- Accounts receivable cycle
- Fixed assets management
- Stock management
- Accruals and prepayments
- Local compliance
- Month end close
- Development of a set of "best practice" processes and procedures
- Global rollout of processes and procedures
- Introduction of accounting function into newly acquired operations
- Ongoing assessment of compliance against all processes and procedures
Skills / Experience:
- Degree qualified (minimum 2:1)
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA) - Top 6 training
- Proven track record of understanding, defining and implementing accounting policies, processes and procedures
- Articulate with strong communication / interpersonal and negotiation skills enabling results and successful outcomes to be achieved
- Experience of business partnering and supporting senior management
Please Note: this role will require international travel for approximately 50% of the time.