An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller for a well-established Fine Wine/ Specialist Drinks Importer. Reporting into the Directors, the role is to play a major part within the business from leading the team in the monthly process to detailed analysis and reports to the board.
Key Responsibilities are to be
- Overseeing a team of three accounting staff to ensure their accounting duties meet organisational objectives
- Developed high performance finance team to drive disciplined growth
- Responsible for the day to day management of financial services including
- Financial and capital accounting, income, Credit control
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other financial controls.
- Treasury management and Trust funds, statutory accounts and audit.
- Management of the FX transactions (Euro & USD) processing.
- Ensuring all financial statements are accurate, complete and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other industry standards.
- Monthly preparation of financial reports, budgets, KPI’s analysis
- Analysing key profitability products, cost reports and financial forecasts to aid strategic decision making.
- Ensuring all financial data is well documented within the department and all records are accurate and up to date.
- Setting and meeting targets for organizational growth.
- Working across departments (On-Trade, Wholesale and Fine Wine) to enable joined up decision making based upon financial data.
- Ensuring that the decision makers in the firm understand the financial implications of the missions they set for their company in a specific period.
- Quarterly VAT return, monthly payroll and commissions calculation
- Budget model review with Directors to ensure each division meet the organisation targets and analysis of current year performance vs. prior year and budget.
This is the most senior finance position in the business so you will be needed to give your commercial know-how to the business as well as taking the lead in other projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join this organisation an grow with the business.