Service & Commissioning Engineer

Recruiter
Russell Taylor Group Ltd
Location
Telford
Salary
£30000 - £40000/annum overtime, car and benefits
Posted
17 Jul 2017
Closes
16 Aug 2017
Sector
Engineering
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Service & Commissioning Engineer with experience of repairing, servicing and maintaining drives and controls equipment. The role is working for an Automation Solutions Provider who are at the forefront of their market.

The role involves the prompt, efficient, thorough and safe on-site service and commissioning of complete Electrical Control Systems including PLCs, AC/DC drive, general control gear and SCADA systems. These sites may be anywhere in the United Kingdom or overseas.

Day to day responsibilities include:

This role involves travelling around customer sites performing diagnostic tests and repairing customer equipment.
You will be off site visiting customers approximately 60% of the time with the other 40% updating project reports within the company's Midlands based office
Whilst on customer site you will also be responsible for attending to automation equipment such as PLCs and Controls, selecting and programming where necessary
Using electrical engineering experience you will also be involved in activities such as re-wiring panels to IEE wiring regulations
Being the face of the business, you will interact with the customer to inform them of problems and project timelines to ensure repairs are completed within a given timescale

The ideal person will be/have:

Significant knowledge of PLC and automation equipment from any industry
17th Edition Wiring Regulations certification
A full UK driving licence
Knowledge of installing Variable Speed Drives (VSDs)
For the relevant candidate this position will pay a salary of £35,000 + Overtime