Data Engineer Internship Tech Start-Up London
A cutting-edge technology business working in the real estate market with the vision to deploy data driven solutions to estate agents and other stakeholders involved with the property sector. This London based tech start-up has already grown to a team of 14 within 6 months and expanding quickly, making this a great time to join.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business as a Data Engineer to assist with analysing the large amount of data the company holds and testing different models to see what insight and analysis can be drawn with a view to converting this to commercial insight featuring on the company platform.
You will build data sets and models to provide insight for marketing purposes, analytics and the platform more generally. The data you will be working with is all centred around the commercial property sector. There will also be an element of finding holes in this data and what kind of insight could be gained if these holes were filled.
You will be directed and trained by an experienced data engineering team and as such quickly develop your skills in this area whilst also complete a project from start to finish during this internship which will further help your career development.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• A high level of numeracy.
• Someone comfortable working with numbers and data sets.
• Advanced level of Excel skills.
• Someone looking to develop a career in data intelligence, business analysis or working for a tech start-up.
• Knowledge of SQL would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Open office working environment where ideas are shared and personal development encouraged.
• Work on “meaty” projects which will quickly develop your experience and knowledge.
• This is an exciting time to be joining a tech start-up already to market and disrupting the property sector.
• Occasional Yoga lessons.
• Free tea and coffee.