London (Westminster) or Coventry (Surveyor Court)
GBP 25,000 - GBP 32,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for a Content Creator to join their existing team.
This role is also available from their Coventry office. Please be advised, they are moving their operations to new premises in Birmingham City Centre during November/December 2017. All candidates must be willing to relocate.
About the role:
- Provide timely and engaging content to help their Commercial Products achieve their financial targets.
- Seek and recommend business architecture to support execution of a content management strategy
- Contribute to customer insight and internal knowledge sharing processes
- Working with key stakeholders to analyse and assess the impact of the content produced
- Coordinate and monitor timelines for new content development initiatives
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate across marketing teams and product owners to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: to create the content their audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with the organisation's brand voice, style and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Working with the commercial products marketing team, develop a content strategy and plan aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Create and publish engaging content
- Targeting keywords set by the Digital Marketing Manager and basing articles around them.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Manage all aspects of content production and maintenance, including blogs, articles, whitepapers, email marketing, imagery and videos
- Edit, proofread and improve writers' posts
- Liaise with their production team and external agencies to ensure brand consistency across written material
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Work with the analytics team to analyse content performance and suggest improvements
- Repurposing content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Use CMS (content management systems) and Analytics tools to analyse website traffic and user engagement marketing metrics
- Recommend content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience's attention
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Degree educated preferable, ideally from an English, marketing or Journalism related degree.
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content.
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter would be an advantage.
- Proven track record producing quality content for a range of clients in a range of sectors to a tight deadline
- Experience of creating and managing a wide range of digital content, including videos, infographics and imagery
- Ability to work under pressure and mange conflicting workloads
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Ability to collaborate with several stakeholders, as well as work autonomously.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.