PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure that the UK businesses are carried out in accordance with local rules and regulations and to support and advise the key business stakeholders on compliance matters
- Manage and monitor periodically compliance functions of UK and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the control, risk management and governance process in UK to ensure compliance with Internal/Group Policies & Procedures and local regulations.
- Alongside the Head of Compliance (UK), to keep abreast of regulatory developments in UK and to review changes to regulation, analyse its impact for firm and advise the Regional Management on changes necessary to meet new or revised regulatory requirements.
- Assist in providing guidance, advice and support in relation to all regulatory matters applicable to UK and ensure continued technical understanding of the activities and regulations.
- Ensure that the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR) Framework document is adhered to, including any changes to the Responsibility map, Statements of Responsibility, addition/removal of Senior Managers for the London Branch and appropriate notification is sent to the UK Regulator on a timely basis
- Support Head of Compliance (UK) to develop, implement, embed and review effective Policies - or Country Addendums to Group Policies - in relation to key regulatory risks, for example Market Abuse, Code of Conduct, Complaints Handling etc.
- Assist in reviewing new product proposals and providing advice on applicable regulatory requirements and necessary permissions.
- Together with Head of Compliance (UK), manage an open, transparent and effective relationship with UK regulators.
- Manage all compliance activities related to Wholesale Banking ensuring alignment with local regulatory requirements via concise, accurate and relevant compliance reporting.
- Assist in ensuring that UK has effective AML, Sanctions and Conduct of Business monitoring in place.
- Assist in managing and delivering a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and ensure regulatory monitoring and assurance reviews are in alignment with best practices and are properly implemented.
- Manage reports from the CMP reviews and ensure timely and effective reporting highlighting regulatory weaknesses and areas of non-compliance for management together with recommendations for corrective action.
- Manage periodic monitoring and follow-ups on corrective actions.
- Assist in ensuring that there is proper coordination with external auditors, local/Group internal auditors to ensure smooth delivery of duties/tasks and that exceptions raised are properly followed-up.
- Assist in managing compliance trainings for core and high-risk regulatory areas to ascertain that all staff are aware of their regulatory obligations with emphasis on Financial Crime and Conduct of Business to educate staff and raise their awareness of their individual obligations.
- Conduct special investigations or reviews as and when required.
- Perform other additional tasks as required from time to time as directed by Head of Compliance (UK) or the head of International Compliance and Corporate Governance in the head office.
- Managing UK's compliance with standards, internal and Group policies and procedures and regulations for Wholesale Banking
- Other authorities as directed by the Head of International Compliance & Corporate Governance in the Legal & Compliance Division (Head office)
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience preferably with working experience in Banking sector, and good knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Relevant experience in a 2nd Line of Defence or 3rd Line of Defence role.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK banking regulation, ideally with working experience at the FCA, PRA and/or Bank of England.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Very strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, with the ability to generate ideas, think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
- Discrete and has sense for integrity and handles highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.