Scrub Theatre Practitioner - Cardiac
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The department currently has 4 theatres and a supporting recovery room which has capacity for 4 patients. The recovery room caters for all post op patients including Cath Lab and CT/MRI patients who have had sedation or general anaesthesia.
As part of the team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA Healthcare UK's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
This Job closes on the 14th August 2017.
As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision. In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care
This is a full time role working37.5hrs per week (typically 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 0700 - 2100), with participation in the on call rota.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is£31,630 - £35,822 + 4% shift enhancementand will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
A registered nurse or ODP you will have scrub experience with a strong background in Cardiac. You will also have experience in assisting with planning and implementing of peri-operative care.