Design Coordinator (Major Projects) London
Design Coordinator positions do not come much better!!! Our client is a leading Construction Main Contractor specialising in major Design & Build projects across the UK. Having just secured several major projects across London, we have been asked to supply a number of experienced Design Coordinators to help support the Project Teams on site.
You will work alongside a Senior Design Manager and a Document Controller.
Design Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the full design and coordination process from Commercial Transfer to Practical Completion of the project.
- Supporting the Procurement and Construction Teams with the delivery the projects.
- Ensuring Consultant produced procurement and construction information complies with the contract requirements and is developed in the most cost effective way.
- Ensuring design output corresponds with design input.
- Assisting in the review of Consultants Scope of Works and Responsibility Matrix, making sure they are back to back with other Consultants, reviewing the scope as required.
- Reviewing the content of each design package with Designer and Production Team.
- Assisting in the planning of the design tasks in line with procurement and construction strategies developed by the Production Manager / Site Manager / QS.
- Assisting in the monitoring of the performance of the design progress, budgets, quality against objectives and taking all required actions.
- Participating in Design Reviews.
- Leading the commenting on drawings and specifications in accordance with the design documents submission procedure with the QS / Site team support.
- Assisting in the external design approvals process such as Reviewable Design Data, Building Regulations, Planning Conditions, etc.
Design Coordinator Experience required:
- At least 2 years Design Coordinator experience working for a Construction Main Contractor.
- Degree educated or similar - Preferable but not essential
Our client offers challenging projects, great career development opportunities and competitive salaries / packages. We have placed multiple permanent candidates with this client, all of whom speak very highly about the working atmosphere and conditions of employment.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Meera Patel at - professional@uklgroup. com