Randstad Engineering are proud to be recruiting for one of Europe's biggest steel manufactures, for a Maintenance Electrician at their site in Port Talbot.Purpose
To support HRP High Voltage and Low Voltage Engineers within the PC&A department to undertake scheduled maintenance of plant critical switchgear, to implement required changes to plant equipment for Isolation and Immobilisation, to support central functions initiatives at plant level and undertake repairs/servicing to off-line electrical plant to maintain availability.Tasks Will Include
1. Open Boards IP2X and lock off Project for Isolation and Immobilisation
2. Repairs and modifications to all L.V. switchgear and panels for Immobilisation & Isolation.
3. Installation of Power Meters as part of ongoing automated meter reading project.
4. Installation of CAT5 Networks into substations and contactor rooms for ongoing automated metering project
5. Maintenance and repairs to 415v Air Circuit Breakers on HRP 415v interconnected system
6. Installation of replacement CFS boards 30 & 33.
7. Repairs to general lighting throughout HRP, including
a) Basement lighting
b) High Bay lighting
c) Central road/crossing
d) Office lighting
8. 230/415v small power system maintenance -
a) office wiring systems
b) dist board installations
9. Camera Systems Installations.
10. Transformer pen inspections and upkeep
11. Issuing of Electrical Test Certs. (Initial Test Reports and Periodic Test Reports)
12. 3.3Kv VCB Truck Repairs. (HMC 1072/1172)
13. Sub-Station Maintenance.
14. Map & Repair all CFS Board Interconnectors.
15. Isolation & Immobilisation - audit all circuits and repair as required.
16. High Power L.V. switching for self isolation/permitry
17. H.V. Switching for permitry for HV Maintenance schedule
18. Signage for all Interconnected L.V.
19. Strip Mill 11Kv Bus Wiring Isolation Point - modification of existing bus-wiring to allow single points of isolation within strip mill 11kv sections smd-1 and smd-2.
20. HRP Contractors Village path lighting for Major Stop.
21. Upgrade Systems Block External Lighting..
22. 3.3Kv Motor Room Subs Lighting.
23. Fire Stop Installation.
24. LED Lighting Replacement Schedule.
25. Redundant Equipment Removal - eg Cables from Slab Furnace Switchgear.
26. Upgrade of 110v Reyrolle sockets to Euro Sockets.
27. Cover electrical isolation and repair of supplies to Main Test Lab equipment
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.