Media & External Relations Manager
An exciting opportunity has a arisen for an experienced Media & External Relations Manager to join an well established communications team for this well know regulatory body. You will be key member of the communications team and will advise colleagues on media relations, parliamentary and political affairs and provide clear guidance on engagement and communications.
This role is being offered in a 2 year Fixed Term Contract.
Responsibilities will include:
- contribute to external communications activities including writing briefing papers, presentations, press releases, bylined articles and blogs
- Deliver regular updates to colleagues on relevant developments from the media and political stakeholders, providing insight and intelligence on these for the purpose of issues management
- Respond to (a) media enquiries and (b) letters and requests for information, including high profile correspondence from MPs, in a timely and accessible manner
- Track policy development and identify the best time and method for seeking external engagement, and profile for the work
- Work with policy teams to advise on the media and political implications of our work
- Support engagement with key political stakeholders
- Help develop and implement communications strategies
- Communications professional with proven experience of working in a challenging external facing communications role, with a demonstrable track record in media relations and public affairs
- Ability to absorb complex information quickly, and to communicate it to a non-expert audience in a concise and engaging way
- Excellent proofreading skills, attention to detail and able to identify what story angles will be of interest to external audiences
- Experience of managing and prioritising varied and complex workloads to tight deadlines
- Understanding of the importance of building relationships to facilitate effective communications, and able to actively develop and nurture excellent external contacts
- Experience of writing and implementing communications strategies, incorporating social media campaigns
- Self-starter, able to work independently and use initiative to prioritise work and drive
Please don't delay submit your cv today!
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.