Senior Analyst - Product Optimisation - London
Our Client is a well-known Online Gaming Organisation. They are now looking to meet with an experienced Senior Analyst.
As the Senior Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Product Optimisation in identifying and prioritising improvements across the group`s full suite of digital products. This will include the delivery of machine learning algorithms, optimization solutions, complex quantitative analysis and a variety of custom data processes and tools. The individual will work closely with stakeholders in the organisation to ensure the Product Optimisation function delivers high value across the business.
In addition, you will be expected to be a mentor and role model for the data analyst(s) in the team: an inspirational, supportive manager, empowering rather than habitually correcting work carried out by others, whose focus will be to gather, explore, cleanse, integrate and analyse data.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Define, build and verify machine learning solutions, optimization engines and statistical models to
- maximize business value in Acquisition, Product management, CRM, Trading, Responsible Gambling, Finance and VIP management
- Use supervised machine learning approaches to exploit predictive value from large internal transactional datasets and external data sources
- Apply non-supervised machine learning approaches, advanced statistical and analytical techniques to extract general patterns and insights from data
- Understand how advanced analytic technique and application, such as decision trees and clustering techniques can help to solve business problems
- Chose the best modelling approach for any given business problem
- Integrate data from diverse sources to enable accurate modelling / analysis
- Use advanced data manipulation and creativity to invent new features that boost model performance
- Apply clustering algorithms to enhance customer behavioural segmentation
- Fine-tune model performance to generate benefits to the business
- Compile an analytical plan for any given business problem
- Monitor live model performance, apply statistical process control approaches to identify significant performance deviation and need for intervention / model refresh
- Strive to develop in-depth business domain knowledge to understand key drivers of business and fundamentals of customer behaviour
- Support business around key business optimization challenges such as bonus allocation and pricing
- Build custom solutions around real-time event streams and stream analytics
- Interact with business stakeholders to identify key opportunities for predictive analytics and optimization
- Gain agreement and support for analytical approaches and solutions amongst business stakeholders
- Drive analytical projects through to delivery and embed them within the organisation, advocate predictive analytics to transform operational business processes
- Stakeholder Management
- Analytics across all Group Digital Brands
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- BSC in computer science, mathematics or statistics (or equivilant)
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 10 years` experience of web analytics and optimisation.
- Comprehensive hands-on digital marketing experience (PPC, SEO, Social Media, Digital PR, Email, Affiliate marketing) to enable easily digestible mapping of campaign performances.
- Digital Marketing Management experience to support campaign planning and ensure the best integrated tracking solutions are in place.
- Understanding of IT to enable conversion of business decisions into tasks for developers, campaign managers and product managers.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A true talent in working with data, passionate about creating and executing data-driven solutions to optimise business processes.
- Experience of data analytics at a senior level
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, Tableau, HTML, Python, MS Excel (and any other relevant database architecture), along with vast knowledge of Google Analytics and the ability to combine commercial data with that from GA to proactively produce business insights.
- A balanced set of expertise across a number of domains including supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, data engineering, statistical analysis, custom tools development and business consulting.
- Strong understanding of the data mining methodology i.e. Crisp DM, SEMMA
- Expert data manipulation skills SQL, analytical functions, query optimization, Python automation
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders to influence the best practice of data usage
- Good understanding of business processes within online gaming
- Strong understanding and experience working with large transactional data sets, e.g. bet records, site visitor data, transformation and analytics conducted over billions of records
- Strong application of descriptive analytics and statistical techniques
- A good knowledge of Sport and Interest in Sports betting
- Aptitude for identifying and challenging assumptions - and proactive in addressing problems early and often.
- Capable of clarifying business hypothesis and applying analytical techniques to test them
- Ability to work across functions and locations
For a more complete Job Description, please submit your CV along with details of your current salary and availability / no