Senior Systems Engineer - UNIX/Linux, IT Infrastructure, Cloud
Inspire People are seeking a progressive Senior Systems Engineer - UNIX/Linux/Solaris/RHEL with a solid background in IT Infrastructure provisioning and experienced in deploying to a Cloud platform in a DevOps driven environment for a market leading and highly profitable global mobile / IOT / M2M and satellite communications provider. Circa £60k to £65k basic plus bonus and excellent corporate benefits. Based in London.
You'll be part of the IT Infrastructure team whose mission is to maintain site availability and reliability of the corporate/business systems IT infrastructure across multiple geographical locations.
Your role as the Systems Engineer / IT Infrastructure Analyst:
- Be the source of technical expertise, you'll inspire confidence with your deep technical knowledge around one or more UNIX-based OS (Solaris, Linux with RHEL being a big advantage), your speed of response, clarity of communication and knack for always seeming to be three steps ahead.
- Deploying/adapting both cloud and on-premise infrastructure via orchestration tools; support the implementation of new operational tasks and ensuring processes and procedures are kept up to date.
- Design, develop and provisioning all the IT infrastructure with HA capabilities and ensuring all infrastructure deliveries are compliant with the organisations IT Security policy as well as provide to the development of such policies.
The successful Systems Engineer / IT Infrastructure Analyst will demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge and experience in one or more UNIX-based Operating Systems, with Solaris and Linux being an advantage and in particularly RHEL and derivatives.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more scripting languages Shell script, Perl, Python etc; ability to demonstrate competence in at least two of the leading toolsets - Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or similar.
- Solid knowledge and experience of deployment to one or more of public, hybrid, private cloud platforms within a business context and an advantage is having experience in provisioning to AWS.
If you have expertise in at least 2/3 of the following areas this would definitely be a plus point:
Working in a DevOps driven environment specifically around automated, repeatable provisioning and maintenance of infrastructure elements; knowledge of networking principles in a Cisco environment; formal business operations procedures (ie: ITIL); infrastructure services knowledge (SMTP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS); infrastructure security principles, practices and technologies coupled with forensic analysis of infrastructure logs; Disaster Recovery Planning; VMWare build, configuration, ongoing support and maintenance of a standalone and vCenter-clustered environment incorporating network and storage configuration against operational and security practice; Solaris Zones, Hyper-V.
In return, you can expect a stimulating and challenging working environment with a company renowned for being a leader in their market and excellent benefits including:
- Personal and Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years of service.
- Health Care and Dental Schemes
- Personal Health Insurance / Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Give As You Earn scheme / Employee Wellbeing Programme
- On-site facilities incl. an onsite gym, a subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
Are you a Systems Engineer looking for a new challenge and looking for a large, interesting, forward thinking organisation that is experiencing stellar growth and embarking on a major transformation towards being the first Cloud / DevOps organisation? Then contact Kelly Strong at Inspire People for more information in complete confidence.
UNIX, Solaris, Linux, RHEL, public cloud, hybrid cloud, private cloud, AWS, "Amazon web services", Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt, CFEngine, Vagrant, BladeLogic, "IT infrastructure", Perl, Python, shell script, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, "IT Infrastructure Analyst"