Business Development Manager - Craft Beer
Business Development Manager – Craft Beer
£35,000 + Bonus + car Allowance
My client is a craft brewery based in Scotland and are expanding rapidly.
They are looking for a Business Development Manager, who is entrepreneurial, commercially astute and able to build and maintain strong and sustainable relationships with customers, in order to develop growth of their Drinks portfolio.
You will have experience and knowledge of the UK on trade, along with huge passion & knowledge for craft beer. You are a hunter, who can hit the ground running, preferably with a book of contacts in London and the South
- Responsible for growth & development of craft beer portfolio within Regional Sales territory.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and sales and revenue targets within the assigned area in line with Company budget and business plan.
- Open quality and sustainable new customers, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners.
- Build effective trading relationships with key decision makers ensuring you successfully manage & develop draught and packaged volumes in existing outlets while introducing new business to the Company.
- Maintain good customer relations, by appointment, to develop and increase both volume and range of product in each specific outlet, improving rate of sale and visibility within venue.
- Introduce new products and seasonal brands to both new & existing customers through long term listings and ad hoc sales opportunities.
- Liaise with RTM wholesale distribution partner’s sales teams to identify opportunities within their existing customer base.
- Develop both volume and value of brands through new business growth via brand listings in quality new and existing customers.
- Support and champion brand activation – “right brand right outlet”
- Be ‘The face’ of the company, by being a Brand Ambassador
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales for a craft Brewery
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Competent IT skills: Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of craft beer & real passion
- Confidence to walk in to all styles of accounts with On-Trade from Pubs to Michelin star restaurants
- Able to work with autonomy, accountability and purpose to drive real change and deliver exceptional results, rewards are excellent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of selling a full portfolio of craft beer
- Ability to build and develop relationships at every level
- Good commercial acumen exhibiting strong ability to analyse numeric & analytical data.
- Record of achievement in both planning and implementation of plans / initiatives along with achieving commercial advantage through both technical and commercial ability.
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide ‘on call’ support & assistance out with standard office hours as required by the business.
- Confident, persuasive, with a ‘can do’ attitude – a Hunter
If you wish to find out more about this role then pop me across your CV and if you are suitable for the role – I will be in touch!
Or call me on
If this is the role for you, please get in touch, alternatively, if this isn't the role for you and you know someone amazing who would be perfect, we have a great referral scheme where you could earn up to £500 if a candidate gets placed. Email with your contacts
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. We give away fantastic prizes... every month!