Sous Chef - Exciting New Restaurant Opening
Located in a boutique hotel not far from Trinity Square, The Lampery is an amazing new restaurant concept serving modern British cuisine. Our aim is to provide unforgettable experiences to our guests.
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Sous Chef to support the Executive and Head Chefs in all operational aspects of the business. You will be second in command in the Kitchen with responsibility for all day to day operations of the restaurant, production, staff, and brand quality.
To excel in this role, you must:
- Have minimum 4 years’ professional hospitality leadership experience in a similar environment
- Be competent in fabricating all meat, fish and poultry, understand all herbs and types of seasonings and have good knowledge of pastries or equivalent
- Excellent product identification knowledge in produce, meats, fish, herbs, grains and equipment.
- Understand, and have the ability to train, on all basic cooking methods: braising, poaching, roasting, steaming, sauté, grilling, blanching.
- Have excellent knife skills, ability to cut all vegetables and fruits in all utilized cuts and have the ability to train and monitor others.
- Be able to lead a team, coach and mentor in a calm manner
Why join The Lampery?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We offer a whole host of generous benefits, including:
- Free gym membership
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in Scotland and Bath for just £50 per night
- Help to buy a bike
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Access to legal and financial advice
- Childcare vouchers
- Critical illness cover
If you’d like to join us as a bartender, barback, waiter, cocktail waiter, runner, host or breakfast staff, please click apply.