IT Support Engineer, Bury St Edmunds, to £30,000
Our client, a fast-growing IT Services provider, is seeking an addition to their support team. Based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk you will be responsible for supporting customers of various sizes on varying technology.
As the core of my client’s support team your performance greatly influences how my client is seen by their clients and it is therefore very important that you have a combination of skills which include excellent customer service, a logical and calm manner and a strong underlying knowledge of a broad range of IT Infrastructure/Applications to include some/all of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Vista, 7, 8) including Active Directory domain-joined
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2008, 2012) including Active Directory User and Group administration
- Understanding of good network security practices
- Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel and Word - troubleshooting and proficient use of all 3. Microsoft Outlook connectivity to Microsoft Exchange is highly desired, and demonstrable familiarity with O365 is a definite advantage
- Understanding of core networking components: DNS, DHCP (VPNs and routing an advantage)
Although primarily office-based you would be expected to travel to other local remote sites if required; so full access to a vehicle during your working day is essential.
In return, you will be joining a company that has an excellent culture where you are encouraged to progress and learn new skills.