Tax Manager - Practice
Terrific opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager or a frustrated and high calibre Tax Supervisor to join this growing and well respected top 100 firm.
Reporting directly at partner level, the individual will be able to deal with more technical advisory work, deal with tax technical queries from other departments and have experience in reviewing complex tax returns.
The individual should ideally be CTA qualified although QBE would be considered, having at least 7 years’ of experience as a tax professional.
They should have the ability to work with minimal supervision, have good research skills and take the initiative when necessary.
They must have the ability to advise on the following areas:
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and submitting research and development (R&D) reports to HMRC.
- Inheritance tax and lifetime planning. Also advise on reliefs such as BPR
- Shares schemes such as EMI and CSOP and their implementation
- Treatment of expenditure for corporation tax purposes
- Capital allowances and use of allowances such as the Annual Investment Allowance.
- VAT implications of transactions
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and ATED, as well as the reliefs available from these taxes.
- Income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax planning for non-UK domiciled individuals
- Income tax reliefs such as loss relief and pension relief
- Capital gains tax reliefs such as entrepreneurs’ relief, principal private residence relief, rollover relief and gift relief.
- Venture capital schemes such as Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, as well as obtaining advanced assurance.
- Treatment of employment income and benefits in kind
- Anti-avoidance provisions such as transfer of assets abroad, gains attributed to UK resident individuals under s13 and s87 TCGA 1992 and transactions in securities
The ability to review other people’s work and help develop junior staff is also required.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone to join the senior leadership team of this North London based chartered Accountancy Practice.
Strong remuneration package on offer.
For further information or to express some initial interest please do not hesitate to contact Robin from ReuMilla Walker.