Exciting opportunity to join a leading publishing company in London. Being firmly established within the UK market they have experienced considerable growth and now require a talented, hardworking and passionate accounting professional to join their large finance team.
With a real focus on employing high achievers this has become an environment that will test and develop you. They are well recognised as company that produces and develops top talent.
Working for this business you will enjoy:
- Being surrounded by passionate and motivated people who love working for the business
- Opportunity to grow internally and in to more analytical roles
- Working alongside a highly supportive, approachable ex Big 4 manager
- Awesome chic offices
Key tasks will include:
- Preparing the monthly financial accounts and management pack
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts for a number of entities
- Assisting the Group Financial Controller with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Cash flow management
- Acting as the primary point of contact for external auditors
- Evaluating CAPEX proposals
- Financial modelling and analysis to drive revenue and cost initiatives
- Ad hock project work
- Prepare monthly consolidation adjustments; preparation of Group dashboard, Group Stock dashboard, P&L, balance sheet and cash flow on a monthly basis
- Prepare the interim and year end consolidation adjustments and preparation of interim and year-end reporting packs and schedules
- Preparation of Group consolidated interim and year-end financial statements
- Prepare monthly intercompany account reconciliations
- Review accounting treatment for new unusual revenue contracts and analyse the expected impact on Bloomsbury of the new revenue standard
- Ownership and maintenance of the Group finance manual
- Ad hoc project work and analysis and dealing with audit queries
This role is ideal for diligent, intelligent and driven ACA accountant who is looking to take their first step into a successful listed commercial business. You will also:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Show an ability to think outside the square, problem solve and show initiative.
- Possess strong academic record
- Display a friendly yet hardworking personality