Assistant Corporate Accountant
Edenbrook Partners are working with a leading underwriting insurance group who are seeking a candidate to fill the role of Assistant Corporate Accountant to help support the Senior Corporate Accountant.
The role will include:
- Running/checking the corporate allocations process
- Assist with the production of year-end statutory accounts under UK GAAP/IFRS.
- Ensure that internal and external accounting policies, procedures and controls are in place, documented and adhered meeting SOX and Solvency II requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external audit to ensure that issues are addressed on a timely basis
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks or controls as detailed in the company’s Risk Framework
- Works with manager to ensure that risks associated with own role are understood and managed
- Assists in identifying and implementing processes to control risks particularly with own role
- Maintains an understanding of and complies with all relevant FCA / PRA / Lloyd’s regulatory requirements and other relevant regulatory requirements
The ideal candidate will have a University Degree in a relevant feild, with a minimum 1 year accounting experience from the Insurance or Financial Services industry. Studying towards or desire to study towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA).