School Business Manager
Job Title: Business Manager - Independent School
Location: Harrow, London
Job starts: ASAP
Salary: £35-37k pa
Our client is a Co- educational top independent day schools for boys aged 11-18 in the UK based in Harrow, London.
A business manager is now needed to join the school, as soon as possible.
The candidate will be responsible for the effective management of a number of key support functions based in the school and for the co-ordination of support functions provided by the Group more generally.
These are: finance, administration, facilities, IT, security, transport and maintenance.
You will also be responsible for the generation and response to student referrals to the School and for the co-ordination of the health and safety procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coach, train and mentor the staff team to deliver excellent practice and achieve continuous improvement and monitoring accordingly
- Work in cooperation with operational colleagues on all areas of commercial practice in order to ensure commercial viability, specifically focusing on cost viability, value for money, staff budgets, contractual support and advice
- Conduct supervisions and appraisals with staff, in line with corporate policy
- To provide effective financial and administration management of the school and support its continual development in accordance with the group's long term strategy
- To ensure that the systems in the school support the billing, fee collection, payment of invoices and payroll functions to be carried out accurately and swiftly
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely budgets, cash flow and financial forecast at all cost centre levels that reflect up to date expenditure enabling operational areas to improve cost control
- To be responsible for the financial and budgetary planning, control of income and expenditure and reporting across the school
- To be responsible for coordinating the health and safety practice and procedures across the school, including Fire Safety
Essential Requirements/Experience for this job:
- Degree level qualification
- Leadership and management of a multi-disciplinary team within a complex organisation
- Responsibility for profit and loss accounts including cash flow forecasts in a commercial context
- Good knowledge of SIMS
- Advanced ICT skills
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary
Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Livia at Connaught Education - or call .
Connaught Education - The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.