Tax Administrator - Top 100 Accountancy firm / City of London
Taylor Hawkes are working with a top 100 accountancy firm based in the city of London who are recruiting for an experience tax administrator.
The team deals with tax compliance and planning for individuals, their unincorporated businesses and their trusts.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Directly assisting the Head of Tax and Personal Tax Manager.
- Assisting with the monitoring of the tax compliance process
- Performing the administrative tasks required in the tax compliance process including dealing with client correspondence, sending out tax returns and acknowledging data exchange
- Administrating the billing decision process
- Assisting with monitoring WIP
- Issuing fee advice notes
- Ensuring that fees are issued correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintaining a log of departmental revenue
- Assisting with managing the Personal Tax client list
- Client database management including data entry and updating client information
- Organising and executing routine and non-routine client and third-party communications, including mail merges, email merges, letters and emails
- Reviewing outgoing documents for grammar and correctness
- Dealing with incoming client emails and post from clients
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Assisting with the monitoring of incoming HMRC post
- Ensuring that HMRC post is dealt with efficiently
- Assisting with client on-boarding include preparing the engagement letters, obtaining KYC documents from new clients and sending 64-8 forms to HMRC.
- Assisting with client disengagement include sending disengagement letter and final fee note to the clients.
- Maintaining a Tax Team training log
- Producing documents, process diagrams, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings