Restaurant & Bar Manager
Restaurant and Bar Manager
Food & Beverage
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the guidance of the Food and Beverage Manager, manage the Restaurant and Bar Operations, maximize guest satisfaction, food and beverage profitability and meet business demands, through the effective supervision of the Food & Beverage within the Club’s various outlets, with specific responsibility of the restaurant, bars, and Espresso bar.
The Restaurant and Bar Manager will assist in the proper delivery of all Food and Beverage products, following all standards prescribed by the Club. The role will set and achieve the standards expected by the Club thereby fulfilling and exceeding guest expectations of product and service. All work is carried out in line with the Club’s guidelines, departmental SOPs and service concepts.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Ensure the smooth running of the Restaurant, Bars, Espresso Bar and assist in the Banqueting and Conference Rooms operations where required.
- Recruit, train and develop new team members within the Food and Beverage Department
- Analyze, on an on-going basis, the number of guests and revenue generated, guest satisfaction, operating costs and hygiene
- Ensure all staff are managed, directed and briefed accordingly
- Manage stock, linen, uniforms and wine cellar. Stock to be established and maintained at all times
- Ensure that all staff have been trained and briefed before each service about menus, wines and special offers and their allocated tasks
- Personally review daily business, business forecasts all booking sources to ensure effective service delivery
- Utilize leadership skills and motivation to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction, co-ordinate the general housekeeping of the Food and Beverage different outlets
- Carry out regular spot checks during operating hours and outside operating hours
- Liaise with the Head Chef to ensure that all menu contents meets with guest expectations
- Ensure that staff rosters are produced and checked on a weekly basis, allowing for flexibility to suit the needs of both the Club and Staff
- Maintain to the highest standards of cleanliness throughout all the Club various Food & Beverage areas in accordance with the current food and hygiene legislation, the aim being the safety of our members, the guests and members of staff
- Ensure that there is an effective breakage monitoring system and regular checks are carried out on all equipment
- Implement and comply with all Food & Beverages procedures, Club Policies and Health & Safety regulations in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager
- Deputise for the Food and Beverage Manager during their absence
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Conduct regular check of the performance of the Food & Beverage Supervisors and give advice and counseling in the operation of their sections
- Hold regular informal meetings to discuss performance issues
- Actively encourage and manage the development of all staff through appraisals paying particular attention to training, targets and objectives
- Ensure that there is a Holiday Plan for the Food & Beverage Department so that manning levels correspond to levels of business
- Implement all Food and Beverage and Club Policies and procedures (Health & Safety, Discipline and Grievance, Training) in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager
- Monitor all Permanent Staff and Casual Staff time keeping and attendance and report to the Food & Beverage Manager as required.
- As directed by the Food & Beverage Manager, regulate and monitor all cash checks, weekly return and cash ups carried out in the Food & Beverage Department
- Regular check and monitor all stocks and invoices.
- Attend and /or take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise, in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or report
- As a term of your employment, you may be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by Management
Essential Requirements & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role. Proven track record as a Food and Beverage Supervisor/Restaurant and Bar Manager in hotel operations.
- Must have good knowledge of Food & Wines and any other Beverages
- Must display a mature attitude and be a good team leader and organizer
- Should have the ability to work under pressure
- Must be an effective listener and communicator
- Must be able to motivate a team to a high level of performance
- Must have an excellent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Able to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the Club. This may include working early/late shift, weekends, bank holiday and special events throughout the year