School Administrator - West London Sept 2017
School Administrator - West London * September Start *
£28,000 to £32,000 (plus 25 days holiday, public holiday & benefits)
Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th July.
Our prestigious client, who operate a network of highly successful independent schools are looking for a reliable, honest, flexible, trustworthy career-minded and enthusiastic School Administrator.
To be considered for this role, you must have the necessary people skills, experience and competence to work in a busy school environment, excellent written and verbal English communication skills, polite / friendly telephone manner and a good working knowledge of office software packages.
You must be articulate, presentable, calm under pressure and very independent, with the ability to work in your own environment and within a noisy school setting.
Experience of working within a similar position within an independent school is highly desirable but equally important is the ability to work with adults and children alike, coupled with a passion for creating and supporting an environment where children can receive the best education possible.
As the School Administrator, your duties will include :
- General administration of the school and ad hoc support to the Headmaster as required.
- Managing daily registers in conjunction with the teachers and sending out documentation to new parents.
- First point of contact for parents and face to face visitors.
- Responding to queries, arranging meetings and supporting members of staff throughout the school.
- Administering first aid / medicine as needed and ensuring medication forms are signed by parents, and all student medical information is up to date.
- Maintaining the school database (SIMS).
- Operating new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Assisting with introductory days and parents evenings.
- Assisting with parents` evenings and attending school and PR events, out of school hours.
- Taking and typing minutes from staff meetings.
- Having a high regard to the school`s ethos and aims.
- Being familiar with necessary rules and regulations pertaining to the school including Health & Safety and Safeguarding.
Please keep in mind this position is for a start date of September 2017.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
*** The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th July with interviews planned between Friday 28th July and Wednesday 2nd August - so if you have the required experience and would like to apply, then please forward your CV to