Senior Charterer (Oil)
£55,000 - £68,000 + bens + bonus
- Working closely with the FO, providing real time updated shipping market information.
- Working close with scheduling functions for optimizing time charter fleet assigned to trading.
- Keeping the fixtures documentation with all latest data.
- Managing chartering spot process working closely with traders.
- Maintaining a good relationship with internal clients and counterparties.
- Dealing with an ad hoc requests related to chartering activities.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide efficient and pro-active support and advice to the Client on timely manner;
- Follow instructions accurately and keep the knowledge shared with relevant parties;
- Respond to Trading team's requirements in securing vessels at optimal freight rates for their intended sales;
- Negotiate the best possible rate for the clients and present proposals providing the details of how the prices were achieved and profit margin for the client;
- In collaboration with Chartering, Operations & Trading teams source the optimal tonnages at market freight rates to the export destinations & manage risks in all shipments;
- Keep the fixtures documentation updated on real time basis for transparency and compliance;
- Maintain cooperative relationship with local and overseas customers/shipowners, arrange regular meetings/ visits and develop network further;
- Keep Chartering Manager updated on day-to-day chartering activities;
- Assist Domestic Fleet Team in the deployment of their fleet when required;
- Contribute to development of chartering activities of the various trade routes & optimization of earning capacity of the Company’s fleet;
- Reduce the voyage expenses for an optimal returns for the Company’s tonnages;
- Advise clients on proposed shipping ventures, investment opportunities and market trends;
- Deal with spot and/or time charters, crude & oil products; knowledge of chemical tankers and gas tankers would be advantageous;
- In coordination with tanker chartering and operations teams ensure the maximum space utilisation of a vessel, number of port calls and estimated voyage financial results;
- Assist Management and the team with ad hoc requests;
- Knowledge of tanker chartering (liquid bulk cargo) & charter parties contracts long term and spot;
- Knowledge of incoterms and experience of general terms and conditions of major oil trading;
- Experience in a similar role in trading environment; operational experience would be beneficial;
- Commercial awareness;
- Strong negotiation & communication skills;
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills;
- Pro-active, efficient, dedicated and result-oriented approach to work;
- Organised and good attention to detail;
- Stress resilient and self-disciplined and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Strong team player and proven ability to work under limited supervision and lead the activities;
- Experience working in a global organization;
- Full command of english language (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages will be beneficial;
- Working knowledge of microsoft suite;
- Availability for business travel;
- Educated to degree level.