Front End Web Designer
Make It Cheaper has been helping to put a smile on the face of British businesses since 2007 - and that’s something we continue to strive for every day. So how do we do it? In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, insurance, telecoms and water.
Our incredible people, coupled with the great service we provide, have made us the biggest (and best!) energy broker for SME’s in the UK which is why we are trusted by Go Compare, MoneySupermarket and uSwitch to look after their business customers.
Our people work incredibly hard to keep our customers smiling so we try to work even harder to keep them smiling too. Over the years we’ve built an environment where development and progression is encouraged, hard work is rewarded and fun is had along the way! Professional development, annual trips away, regular massages in the office, parties and awards are just a few of the things you can look forward to while working with us. We’re confident we have what it takes to pass the duvet test every day. Come and work for MIC and you’ll be leaping out of bed each and every morning!!
Front End Web Designer:
We have great plans for the future or Make It Cheaper and a big part of those plans involve our public facing website platforms as well as internal tools & e-mails so we’re looking for a Front End Web Designer to own the delivery of new designs and templates them.
We work in a fast paced environment where innovative ideas and projects come to life. When you join the team you will work closely with Business Analysts and Marketing Executives who will manage the requirements while you deliver the right design and interface solutions to the business.
As Front-End Web Designer you will feel right at home with Photoshop or similar design tools, as well as be able to translate those designs in fully responsive HTML & CSS.
You’ll love technology and UX, and have a real passion for making designs and interfaces that are easy to use and intuitive. You’ll be promoting best practices, learning and development as well as contributing to a culture of sharing and collaboration. It is important you engage with the wider community and are always abreast of emerging practices in the web design front, whether it is new tools, a new process or approach.
- Creating new designs or improving existing ones, initially in Photoshop or similar design tools and then translating them to responsive layouts for the web, mobile and e-mail.
- Building templates and incorporating them into CRM, CMS or marketing platforms.
- Making sure designs and interfaces are easy to use and intuitive, conforming to the relevant web standards, usability principles and accessibility guidelines.
- Optimise Designs - As a pro-active member of the team you’re always looking for ways to optimise designs, working with colleagues to produce new designs and refining these to experimental testing.
- Team communication - Daily communication with the wider development team and internal stakeholders.
- Innovation - Engage with the wider design and development community and bring new ideas into the business that can help promote innovation and support the company vision.
Experience and knowledge required:
- A seasoned web designer with front end experience to suit, at least 3 years’ experience designing websites.
- Rock star proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, able to knock out stunning designs that will work well on the web & mobile & e-mail.
- Very good understanding of HTML & CSS, can translate designs effortlessly into pixel perfect layouts
- Confidence in working with responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Commitment to solid UX principles, user-centred design, web standards, usability and accessibility.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and supported tooling (Jira)
We are looking for someone who matches the following:
- Passionate for helping and supporting others
- Desire to do whatever is needed to get the job done and make a difference
- Willing to work hard, work smart but still have plenty of fun along the way
- Open to fresh ideas, thinks outside the box and excited by change
- The ability to self-motivate and time-manage effectively
- Driven to understand the ’why’ behind everything and ability to use this to problem solve
- Revel in being a playful geek - you never shy away from a challenge and make magical things happen regularly