Health & Safety Co-ordinator
My clients who are a forward thinking and contemporary business are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to join their team.
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the Health and Safety Manager to ensure full compliance with health & safety rules as recommended by HSE, and company policies. Develop and implement process, best practice, training and on and off-site audits to ensure standards are consistently achieved
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate multiple projects simultaneously, managing the H&S site folder process to ensure documentation is on site for day one. Liaise with project teams, with the support of H&S Manager, to balance project delivery and safety considerations. Carry out the signing off and approval of site files, RAMS & produce the CPP. In conjunction with the H&S Manager maintain consistent and professional relationships with clients to deliver a high level of service and communication as necessary
- Liaise with client Principal Designer to ensure they have all the information they require to satisfy the client’s requirements.
- Support H&S Manager with day to day admin activities such as managing the H&S calendar, prioritising workloads, responding to emails from internal and external colleagues and customers etc.
- Take ownership of critical path document, ensuring all information is up to date and circulated as necessary
- Manage, alongside H&S Manager the business site manager allocation and resource
- Ensure all approved contractors insurance details are held on file using our CRM database Goldmine and updated as require
- In conjunction with the H&S Manager carry out fire risk assessments and fire evacuation drills within the clients offices
- Work with H&S Manager to prepare and implement new strategies and develop internal process. Support project teams as required and monitor progress/success.
- Manage records of incidents, accidents and near misses and produce annual stats for SMT, inclusive of man hours. With H&S Manager, produce safety bulletins and management reports and report to clients where necessary
- Consider what potential risks are posed within RIL office and work with H&S Manager to implement relevant risk assessments and control measures to reduce the risk or illuminate the risk
- Take a lead role in managing the in -house training matrix, identifying development areas and legal requirements for both individuals and the wider business, research most appropriate training opportunities (taking into account cost implications) and implement accordingly following sign off from SMT
- Carry out site visits, both with H&S Manager and as an individual in order to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Liaise with the warehouse team to control stock levels of basic H&S equipment and order as required, obtaining cost sign off from Head of Project Coordination
- Undertake further H&S and other relevant training as deemed appropriate - NEBOSH, CSCS, asbestos awareness etc.
- With H&S Manager keep up to date with new legislation and developments that will affect the business industry, and proactively communicate to SMT and/or wider business as required
- Be responsible to drive your own development and interests, taking on specific initiatives to increase knowledge and skill
- A level qualified or IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages (sage would be an advantage)