Robert P. Barry Ltd is a well-established carpentry company operating in the South West of England with over 30 years of experience in the Construction Industry. We offer a range of carpentry site services, for both supply and fix and labour only construction projects.
We are seeking a Carpentry Supervisor to assist with managing day to day activities on various sites and supporting our Managing Supervisor in ensuring our contracts are successfully completed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Appropriate Carpentry and Joinery qualification.
- Appropriate CSCS Card
- English and Mathematics to at least a 'C' grade at 'GCSE' Level (or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of site practices.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a range of people.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a team.
- A full UK driving licence
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Certificate or Site Management Safety Training Scheme Certificate (preferred but not essential).
- Previous management experience (preferred but not essential).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A flexible attitude to cope with the variable demands of the post, including working at and travelling to different sites within the South West of England.
- Loyalty, adaptability, enthusiasm and dedication are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, including accuracy and attention to details.
- A pleasant, friendly and helpful personality and manner.
- A flexible attitude and good communication skills, essential for working in a team and liaising with clients.
Post Title: Carpentry Supervisor
Date: July 2017
Reports to: Managing Supervisor, Directors
To assist the Managing Supervisor in ensuring the efficient and financially viable execution of contracts on various sites as well as contributing to the overall effective operation of Robert P. Barry Ltd.
- Visiting sites, meeting with and measuring work undertaken by Subcontractors.
- Ascertaining materials/plant/fixings required for various contracts, ensuring items needed are ordered and delivered to appropriate sites.
- Providing effective solutions and the means to overcome any problems encountered.
- Deploying Subcontractors to ensure the smooth running and viability of contracts.
- Checking the quality and quantity of work undertaken by Subcontractors and verifying that their measured work is true and accurate.
- Attending site meetings and meeting with Contractors, Architects and Site Surveyors as required.
- Working alongside and frequently liaising with the Managing Supervisor.
- Keeping clear records of site visits and undertaking general administrative duties.
- Completing a clear log of mileage used and submitting any fuel receipts to the Directors on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the smooth day-to-day operation of the Company.
- Encouraging equal opportunities and anti-sexist, anti-racists attitudes.
- Undertaking other such duties commensurate with the role as may reasonably be required.
The offered salary is £25,000per annum; payable monthly in arrears. The salary will be reviewed annually in accordance with Company policy, and progression will be determined in accordance with performance. At the end of each trading year there may be a productivity bonus; this will be at the discretion of the Directors, based on trading figures and will be performance related.
Company transport will be provided in the form of a commercial vehicle. The Company will be responsible for vehicle maintenance, any necessary repairs, taxing the vehicle and insuring the candidate on the vehicle. The candidate will also be provided with a fuel card, fuel will be paid for by the company.
The Company will supply the candidate with a mobile phone, laptop computer and all PPE required.
The candidate will be entitled to receive the normal remuneration for all Bank and Public Holidays normally observed in England and Wales and to a further 20 working days' holiday. The Company usually closes for reasons of efficiency during the Christmas and New Year period. Any efficiency closure(s) in excess of the Bank holidays in aggregation must be taken from the Employee’s annual holiday entitlement.
The candidate will be entitled to participate in the Company Pension Scheme.
Health and Safety
The Health and Safety responsibilities associated with this post are as set out in the Organisational Arrangements appended to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement, and the holder of this post may be are required to undertake, at the Company’s expense, any training necessary or appropriate for the effective discharge of those responsibilities.
Equality and Diversity
All employees are required to work in a non-discriminatory manner, and accept responsibility for the implementation of the Company’s Equality and Diversity policy, throughout all personal contacts in the Company and within their own area of responsibility.