This High-Tech Security Systems Integrator are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage multiple, large-scale integrated security projects (Access Control, IP CCTV) to Blue Chip clients across UK EMEA and the Middle East. 60% UK 40% Internationally.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage medium/large sized project(s) with moderate to high risk. Delivery requires collaboration among cross-functional teams. Projects are client/customer oriented. Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of escalated project issues to ensure timely completion, targeted profitability with high degree of customer satisfaction.
Job Role Summary:
This role is for a person with a blend of abilities including strong technical understanding with an aptitude for detailed analysis, methodical working, coordination and project delivery excellence, teamwork and customers focus.
- Oversee project delivery schedule that includes financial, resource and material requirements.
- Oversee validation and project scope clarify project requests, conducts needs analysis, identify project priorities, requirements and deliverables.
- Governs project scope: Defines acceptance criteria, prioritises stakeholder requirements and defines the scope boundaries.
- Manages the project(s) from start to completion including the resolution of project issues.
- Defines metrics by identifying measures for success related to delivery of the end solution.
- Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
- Manages resources: Seeks to develop team members. Engages in transition and succession planning. Tracks resource utilisation and resolves resource constraints
- Executes PMI Processes: Leads and advocates PMI best practices of Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Communication, Risk and Procurement Management
- Resolves issues: Effectively identifies and resolves issues. Approves scope/cost/schedule/ quality changes through the project sponsor (Customer)
- Manages communication: Manages project related communications within and outside of the project. Proactively identifies and communicates impacts to internal and external stakeholders, primarily around project status and timelines
- Manages stakeholder relationships: Identifies and establishes partnerships with stakeholders to build support, secure sponsorship, and ensure alignment for project outcomes, end-products and/or solutions
- Provides leadership to project staff including project vendors, partners or subcontractors.
- Acts as a mentor to Project Generalists and less senior Project Managers
- Works with the Project Management Community to further develop the PM role, processes and operations.
- Drives improvement: Creates or re-engineers processes, resources, structure to gain productivity and improve project.
- Develops best practices: Initiate or participate in industry trend analysis and other project benchmarking, contributes to development of training
- Accountable for the Project Budget.
- Manages group of project staff, possibly in multiple locations, including project managers, project engineers, vendors, subcontractors or partners for the duration of the project/programme.
- Works with the internal or Customer/account team to determine project goals and objectives.
- Project Management experience within the security industry (preferably on large scale projects).
- Prior Project/Programme Management experience in the deployment of advanced solutions in complex environments.
- Has demonstrated clear leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
- Has a good knowledge of the project process including risk assessment and scoping
- Has demonstrated a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts.
- Has demonstrated advanced negotiation and presentation skills.
- Understands the organisation, aims and processes.
- Awareness of commercial business terms and conditions commonly adopted within the security industry.
- A working knowledge of pricing projects in the international market.
Personal Traits Profile:
- Strong team member, collaborator and self-starter.
- Effective communicator
- Skilled negotiator
- Sense of urgency - Values time
- Energetic, enthusiastic and accepts a challenge
- Acts diligently, is organised to complete assignments efficiently
- Acts with integrity
- £45,000 (doe) + Car allowance + benefits.
- UK, EMEA and Middle East.