Youth Engagement Worker
Youth Engagement Worker
We are seeking experienced enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to work with us to deliver our ground-breaking mentoring program. Your role will be to support young people to engage sustain and achieve in education or training you will work with young people and staff members to facilitate the delivery of workshops and activities as well as provide one to one and group based mentoring support throughout the academic year.
Cultural Capital is an innovative and dynamic organisation that works in partnership with various organisations to Deliver a range of impactful and progressive programs and initiatives throughout London.
All our activities are developed to facilitate enduring and meaningful outcomes. our aim is to support young people to be passionate and enthusiastic about the paths they take with an unmoving belief that there are no limitations to what they can achieve.
Successful candidates will need to have a high level of experience working with young people within an educational setting; excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to offer a high level of initiative and a common-sense approach to working.
- To engage with eligible young people and work with them to identify and develop a Care plan and SMART Targets to support future attainment progression and achievement within education employment or training.
- To work with staff and young people to develop, deliver and facilitate a range of bespoke workshops activities accredited and non-accredited learning throughout the academic year.
- To work with college and school based staff to organise and deliver One to One and group based mentoring support for young people engaged on the program at regular intervals throughout the entire academic year.
- To work with a case load of young people and develop and organise an effective program of support that meets their individual and collective needs
- To work with staff and team members to develop and coordinate a range of educational and enrichment activities or the provision of equipment and materials that facilitate ongoing learning participation and engagement.
- To deliver motivational and inspirational sessions that lead to positive behaviour change whilst providing a range of accredited and non-accredited learning within a school environment or youth-work setting.
- To record all interactions and effectively demonstrate to staff and management short and long-term effectiveness of your interventions
- To Evaluate and monitor young people's achievements in line with the contractually agreed reporting guidelines and requirements.
- To Provide a package of wrap-around support tailored to meet young people's needs: including joint delivery with partners, in-house provision of learning, and/or supported referral to specialist providers geared towards sustaining young people within EET provision.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the proposed client group as well as the potential barriers and difficulties that can hamper their progression and success.
- The ability to develop facilitate and deliver a range of effective interventions to support young people’s personal, social and emotional well-being and engagement retention and progression in education and training.
- Have experience in the development and delivery of workshops educational and enrichment based activities.
- Work flexibly to support young people and to ensure to effective delivery of the programme outcomes
- To be enthusiastic proactive and innovative and able to think on your feet and work autonomously when required.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-agency teams and communicating effectively to relevant parties to ensure a joint up approach to support.
- To Undertake training to develop work related skills and knowledge.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post as reasonably be requested by the Directors.
- To work within the parameters of cultural capitals core values and
- objectives. Ensure the effective implementation of and adherence to, safeguarding Diversity, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
- To oversee contracted recruitment profiles and ensure that learning opportunities are promoted and learners are recruited.
- To manage a case-load of young people and to plan, monitor and review learners academic and personal progress
- To maintain an accurate, up to date records of each young person’s progress using the company's management information systems.
- To provide support, guidance and motivation for learners
- To work with multiple agencies to support young people’s well-being and progression and achievement
- Share best practice and achievements, and actively seek opportunities to present outcomes and case studies.
- To Contribute to the learning of others across the organisation by sharing knowledge and skills both informally and formally by participating in the organisations training and development program
This is a full-time position of 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
All successful candidates will be offered an extensive programme of continual professional development that includes an Information Advice and Guidance level 4 qualification.
This position requires that you be based in one of the following locations:
- Waltham forest