Job title: Accounts Assistant, Up to £22k, London
Our client is looking for a dynamic, hands on Accounts Assistant to working in a vibrant accounts department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 6 months experience with accounts payable, bank reconciliation along with some exposure and familiarity with month-end reporting. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, driven and have the ability and initiative to work individually as well as part of a team within a growing organisation.
Core Duties of the Accounts Assistant:
- Processing BSP Reconciliation
- Accurately entering invoices into the Finance system and administering receipt of invoices by email or post
- Investigate/query invoices with discrepancies
- Communicating and responding to enquiries with suppliers, departments and other group companies in a courteous and timely manner.
- Bank reconciliation
- Ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for
- Posting of intercompany transactions relating to invoices
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets for certain indirect cost categories.
- General bookkeeping duties
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations
- Ad-hoc tasks and reporting.
Experience required of the Accounts Assistant:
- Accounts assistant experience ideally within the travel industry
- Experience of Sage and Excel
- Knowledge of BSP is desirable but not essential
- Organised and strong attention to detail
- AAT Level 2/3 would be desirable
The Accounts Assistant position would ideally suit somebody who is looking to move into a more senior role over the next 6 months who already has experience as an Accounts Assistant on a junior level