E-Commerce Intern - French-speaking
Time Out is, and always has been, your best friend in the city. It all began in London in 1968 and has consistently maintained its status as the 'go to’ source of inspiration for both locals and visitors alike. Today, we are bringing our hunger for discovery and our honest voice to over 100 cities in 39 countries all over the world, reaching a global monthly audience of 137 million. We are proud to say that we are now the leading global media and entertainment business that inspires and enables people to make the most of a city. If you want to know about food, attractions, art, culture, shopping, nightlife and travel, then Time Out is your social companion.
Everything we do helps people discover, book and share what the world’s cities offer. From our powerful content and top-quality curation to the products and selected offers that can be booked directly with us, special offers for city dwellers, the solutions for partners to connect with our audience, or the imagination of our Live Events - no one knows the city like us. Our global presence includes a massive online presence, mobile applications, city magazines, guides and more. Now Time Out Market is taking that to the next level, bringing the best of a city together under one roof in Lisbon, and in other cities around the world soon.
In June 2016, Time Out Group was listed on London's AIM stock exchange, raising investment to position the company for the next stage of its growth and development. It’s an exciting time as we’re transforming this iconic brand into a digital, transactional business and continue to shape the future of the city experience for both locals and visitors.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them. As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Sydney and beyond. We’re all driven by our passion to deliver the very best of the city experience and by our belief in the power of discovery. It’s our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness that make us successful and a unique team.
The intern, in the e-commerce team, will support our traffic acquisition and CRM initiatives across EMEA with a particular focus on France. You will help grow our traffic for the Paris site by conducting analysis that will feed into recommendations to our editorial team. You will also provide support to our CRM team and coordinate translation efforts in French and other languages.
- French language keyword research
- Reporting on Paris traffic and conversion
- Conduct analysis to guide the French editorial team to create relevant social content that aligns against commercial strategy
- Support translation efforts, working with external agency to prepare pieces of content for translation and proof-read translated content
- Help build out French Language PPC campaigns & Ad Copy
- Support data upload, email builds and reporting for Paris newsletter
- Support other efforts across EMEA as needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Educated to degree level. Marketing / e-commerce degree a plus.
- French-native speaker, fluent in English, other European language a plus (e.g. Spanish/German)
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share. To join our team you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player