Claims Handler - UK/International property, Liability & Indemnity
£25,000 - £35,000
We are working with a Lloyd's broker to recruit an experienced claims handler who has experience in UK & international property, professional Indemnity and Liability Insurance.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide a quality Claims service to Agents and Underwriters in order to ensure the Customer is treated fairly in all transactions and correspondence and for that service to encourage the client and contribute to the future success of the company.
Specific Skill Requirements
- General knowledge of Insurance
- Lloyd's and London Market
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Property / Liability Insurance
- Insurance Broking System
- CLASS/ECF/Brokasure systems
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- To receive new claims advices from our producing brokers and obtain the relevant policy details from the System and identify the appropriate insurer.
- Register new claim on the Claims System and set up new claims file on the Electronic Document System.
- Providing acknowledgement and claims reference to producing brokers.
- Advise insurer of new claim through already established procedure.
- Receiving further claims information on existing claims and providing this to insurers
- Maintaining and updating of the Claims System and updating of system.
- Set up new claims on ECF and processing of subsequent advices and payment requests on ECF.
- Preparation of physical claims files for broking to relevant market.
- liaise with Finance Dept.
- Preparation of claims updates for producing brokers.
- Preparation of claims reports for Claims Director.
- Liaison with producing brokers regarding general claims matters, updates etc.
- To instruct solicitors/adjusters where required.
- To report any claim exceeding GBP 100,000 to Claims Director.
- To report any claim where you identify or have been advised of potential coverage issue to Claims Director.
- To report any claim where you identify any issues with external service providers.
- Full administration support to Claims Director.
- To complies with all of the companies Procedure Handbook and the Insurance Regulator
- guidelines and represents the company appropriately when dealing with Clients, Market counterparts and online social networking.
- To assists with any general office administration as and when necessary including filing, data archiving provisioning and other such tasks.
- When required - to assist with the face to face broking and negotiation of claims with Underwriters
Please forward your application to Chris at KSA recruitment Ltd