We currently have a vacancy within Content Strategy and Brand team for an Information Officer. The primary focus for this role will be to develop our online content and produce printed resources aimed at older people, their families and carers.
This a crucial role for Age UK and the post-holder will be working closely with the Information & Advice Resources team to deliver approximately 200 individual information materials to 3.5 million older people, 160 individual Age UKs and Age Cymru, Age Scotland and Age NI each year.
• Plan, develop and produce creative and innovative information and advice resources aimed at consumers. These will include videos, podcasts, printed guides, email newsletters and digital content.
• Be responsible for the delivery of information guides as well as digital and social content.
• Liaise with colleagues across the Group to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all consumer Information & Advice (I&A) resources.
• Copywrite creative and appropriate text for segmented resources and I&A communications materials, ensuring the accuracy and relevance of all content and its adherence to internal policies and guidelines e.g. accessibility.
• Liaise with Digital staff to ensure digital I&A resources are aligned with Digital strategy.
• Keep up to date with issues affecting older people and develop some specialist I&A knowledge as required.
• Commission text from other internal and external specialists as required.
• Experience writing and developing a range resources aimed at consumers including online materials and printed resources.
• Experience researching new content areas and identifying issues for inclusion.
• Experience of managing individual projects and meeting targets and budgets.
• Knowledge of older people’s interests and issues affecting older people (eg money, consumer, health, legal, lifestyle).
• Creativity including the ability to develop effective and creative consumer content.
• Excellent eye for detail and a stickler for accuracy
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Wide range of influencing and effective team working skills.
• Good IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office.