Part time Capital Accountant
Part time Capital Accountant position working for a fast growing Homeless charity. Responsible for analysing new development spends and responsible for 30 year investment proposals.
The organisation provides a bed and support to more than 2,500 people a night who are either homeless or at risk, and works to prevent homelessness, helping about 25,000 people a year. They believe no one should be homeless and that people can - and do - recover from the issues that create homelessness. The charity support men and women through more than 200 projects including emergency hostel and supportive housing projects, advice services and specialist physical health, mental health, skills and work services.
The part time Capital Accountant role has the following responsibility's:
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, calculation, notification and reporting of Capital spend across our £100m property portfolio.
- Development of capital models to support 5 year strategy, 30 year investment proposals and asset disposals.
- Provide information on capital projects as required from time to time by internal and external stakeholders.
- To work efficiently with key stakeholders including work with the Development team to develop 30 year capital investment cash flows and to model capital development plans. Deliver financial stress testing around models developed.
- Analyse and account for Group's disposals resulting from sale of housing properties and property swap.
- Produce high quality monthly management accounts, variance analysis, performance indicators and forecasts in line with the published timetable, producing robust analyses to support.
You will be an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with strong business reporting and partnering capabilities that can be evidenced through previous experience.
You will need strong analytical, influencing and negotiation skills. It is expected that will be proficient with excel and comfortable with producing financial models. You must have experience of investment appraisal and dealing with multiple simultaneous projects.
Applications from all sectors are welcomed but experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a commercially focused organisation would be highly beneficial.
£50,000-55,000 Pro Rata to three days a week. Excellent Benefits.