Senior Java Automation Tester - REST Assured / API's
Senior Java Automation Tester required with strong skills in Java / JVM Automation testing / QA for backend systems with the ability to write core Java / Cucumber and significant experience of REST-Assured and Automation testing of RESTful API's is required to work in Agile development team on large scale enterprise backend systems for ecommerce giant in West London.
Skills and experience required
- Strong experience in Java / JVM coding / automated testing / QA for backend systems and API's
- Experience writing automated tests to check the behaviour of RESTful APIs ideally with REST Assured
- Cucumber testing frameworks
- Experience using source control tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience working as part of an Agile multi- disciplinary team
- Experience testing non-functional requirements (e.g. performance)
- Experience with tools (e.g. Jenkins) used for CI, Build and Deployment
- An understanding of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol
- An understanding of development practices such as test driven development
- An understanding of Agile principles and practices (such as Scrum or Kanban)
The following would also be desirable:
- Experience writing queries against SQL databases
- Experience of with applications deployed to AWS
- Experience tracing issues through system logs
- Experience helping teams to develop and improve their testing practices
- An understanding of the principles behind Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- An understanding of the principles behind the Testing Pyramid concept (developed by Mike Cohn)
This is an outstanding chance to flex your test automation skills within a dynamic Agile environment and within a large IT function for a highly prestigious ecommerce company.
Opus is an employment agent in respect of permanent recruitment.