Construction Project Manager
Experienced and versatile Construction Project Managers are sought by our client, a reputable main contractor, based a stone's throw from Oxford Circus. A good understanding of actively managing both design and cost processes is absolutely critical. Only candidates of the highest calibre will be considered to join their team at their Central London HQ.
The ideal candidate for the role of Construction Project Manager will possess in excess of 8 years experience of overseeing the delivery of high-value projects, from pre-construction through to completion. Duties will include taking proposals to tender, winning the tender on behalf of the company, working in tandem with the professional teams/consultants, cost and delivery management, overseeing on-site labourers, input into the design process (reconciling design aspirations, with the practicalities of delivery) and ultimately timely delivery within budgetary constraints. Candidates with an aversion to getting their hands dirty need not apply.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join an established outfit, who have secured, and delivered, a number of high-profile, multi-disciplinary projects, and whose stock is on the rise. Project focuses span everything from high-end residential, to retail, commercial, hospitality and leisure, so multidisciplinary expertise is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a construction related degree: architecture/quantity surveying/construction management/engineering.
- Be familiar with the pre-construction phase, particularly tendering of packages.
- Possess a strong history of high-value project delivery (in excess of £50million).
- Be comfortable managing sub-contractors.
- Hold a complete understanding of the entire construction process.
- Have experience of integrated fit out projects.
- Possess a good understanding of cost management and an ability to reconcile the vision of the design team with the practicalities of delivering the project.
- Have a minimum of 8 plus year's experience.
This young and ambitious company will only consider high calibre candidates. The successful candidate will have:
- Access to appropriate training and qualifications.
- The freedom to develop into an independent Project Manager, bringing business into the company and handling clients.
- Scope to develop and grow with this aspirational business.
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 + package