IT Systems & Facilities Officer
Membership of the Principal Civil Service Pension’s defined benefit scheme
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is an independent foundation sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) and the Department for International Development (DFID). WFD specialises in parliamentary strengthening and political party development, while also supporting electoral processes and civil society strengthening. It does this by assisting in the development of parliaments, political parties and civil society organisations. It is uniquely placed to draw directly on the expertise of the Westminster political parties, members of parliament (MPs) and devolved assemblies, and British civil society and technical experts in all its work.
Established in 1992, WFD has provided democratic assistance programmes in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean, with country-based programs in nearly 30 countries as of early 2017. For more information, please visit www.wfd.org
Main Purpose of the Role
The IT Systems & Facilities Officer will work closely with the IT Systems & Facilities Manager to assist with running the company-wide IT systems/network and perform administrative duties required to support effective facilities management across the business.
They will contribute to the management of the general office environment, and provide contract management support for WFD’s procured services - this covers (but it not limited to) IT services, accommodation, office equipment and supplies, travel agency arrangements, and insurance providers.
High attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly are a must for this versatile role, which is key to ensure that the IT department provides an efficient and effective service to colleagues.
A major part of this role will involve assisting with internal systems queries including Microsoft SharePoint, as well as general IT and supplier queries - therefore intermediate knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office is an highly desirable. Support on the induction and training of new staff will also be required.
The role also includes assisting with the running of several procurement processes and projects, researching potential new suppliers and helping run tender processes.
Finally, the role includes supporting the IT Systems & Facilities Manager with Health and Safety management - ensuring all staff are up-to-date with multimedia training and carrying out routine checks.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a similar role, in a professional organisation. (Experience of working on IT projects - highly desirable)
- Must have good understanding of business processes including the outsource of procured services
- An excellent working knowledge effective office/business systems and proficient in the use of relevant MS Office applications, database, email, and the Internet (Microsoft SharePoint - highly desirable)
- Experience of procurement procedures
- Experience of supporting users and maintenance of hardware (including tablets and mobiles), software, printers/scanners and other office equipment
- Experience of delivering work to tight deadlines
- A degree or similar level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Basic awareness of Health and Safety legislation and able to support in implementation and monitoring
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested in this role send us your CV and cover letter by 23:59 (GMT) 23 July 2017. Please briefly state in your cover letter your motivation for applying for the role and the relevant skills and experience you would bring to this post.
For full details of the role criteria please visit WFD website.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.