Menswear Designer - Premium Fashion Brand
Are you currently a Menswear Designer looking for your next step? We have an exciting Menswear Designer opportunity available for this premium fashion retailer based in their London head office. The brand has an emphasis on providing its customers with style and quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify trends and competitor analysis to input to Head of Design
- Issuing of sketches, flat drawings and technical sheets which will be sent to their manufacturer
- Action and approving of lab dips
- Attending regular fit sessions with the Garment Tech team, paying attention to quality control
- Close following up with manufacturers during sampling and sealing process
As a Menswear Designer, the essential skills will include:
- Experience designing Menswear casual or formal within a fashion brand is essential
- Technical knowledge on garment construction on all categories and finishes
- Pattern cutting knowledge and costing experience is beneficial
- Strong contemporary hand drawing skills and also the capability to work on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
You will grasp the understanding of the brands signature shapes and best sellers and communicate through commercial designs right for the brand profile. You will be a confident communicator dealing directly with Manufacturers, Technical, QC and Buying teams.
This is an exciting period for the company who are going through change therefore a great time to join the business and make a real change. They are a small friendly company where you will have a voice and will be in a hands-on role.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.