We are currently working with another exciting start up that has been making waves in the (snack) food industry since 2011!
The company was established from a heartwarming family story, and with a product that's market is set to grow by 45% by 2019, they are strategically placed to capitalize on the amazing developments in this space.
There is an amazing SME culture throughout the business and the success and growth really does make this one of the most interesting prospects in the food manufacturing industry today!
- You will be responsible for driving the Company technical strategy, ensuring product compliance, quality improvements and delivering creative problem solving for any Technical issues.
- Act as the technical lead in liaising with third party suppliers to ensure all products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as brand and consumer expectations.
- Developing and implementing the Company Quality Management Systems,
- Implementing control points and utilising KPI information to encourage and enhance Product performance.
- Overseeing supplier audits, ensuring all products are manufactured in line with GMP codes of practice as well as BRC and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure investigation and correction action planning of non-conforming product / causes of customer complaints. Own and deliver the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Working cross functionally to ensure new product ranges / launches adhere to government
- legislation including HACCP, due diligence guidelines and costs.
- Support technical upskilling within the company, to coach and guide junior Product Team members in the delivery of product compliance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years' industry experience
- A strong, successful track record in leading quality assurance and technical adherence programs in food manufacturing
- BSc degree, in food science, technology or nutrition
- Proficiency in HACCP and BRC
- Sound awareness of food labelling legislation
- Launched new products to market successfully
- Good experience in researching market trends and innovations
- A can-do attitude
- A custodian of the product and champion of the consumer
- Passionate about getting things right
- Creative in problem solving
- Able to bring people along with you
- Effective under pressure
- Aware things aren't always black & white
If you have a degree in a scientific or food related subject and feel like your next step is driving the technical function within an exciting, fun and successful young food manufacturing company, to grow and develop as their name and brand becomes stronger, then please apply to
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.