Statutory and Technical Accountant - London
Statutory and Technical Accountant - Fully Qualified - Central London
The Technical & Statutory Accountant has responsibility for the timely preparation and completion of the statutory accounts in line with FRS102. They will act as the main point of contact with the external auditors and manage the timetable to ensure that the audit runs to plan. Furthermore, they will provide technical accounting support (for example, financial due diligence and other special projects) and best practice guidance to various stakeholders around the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
Statutory Accountant Duties:
- Production of annual financial statements for circa 50 statutory entities in line with FRS102
- Responsibility for the preparation of annual company audit files to support financial statement disclosures.
- Developing a good working relationship with the external auditors, managing the timetable and ensuring that the statutory deadlines are met.
Technical Accountant Duties:
- Produce technical accounting papers for the senior executive team, outlining the implications of a particular accounting treatment, or a particular judgement.
- Support the wider team, including the Senior Management team throughout the year, providing technical support and guidance on best practice in the sector, and on any complex areas of accounting and reporting.
- Own the implementation of any new accounting requirements across the group, from new accounting standards to new disclosures .
- Remain up to date on changes to accounting standards and reporting requirements, to ensure the group remains compliant and also is demonstrating best practice in the areas of external reporting.
- Review the application of key accounting policies and judgements across the group to ensure consistency
Skills & Experience
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACCA/ACA/CA etc.)
- Experienced in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to provide insight as well as accurate and timely reporting, with an eye for detail
- Able to work well as part of a team but also work independently
- Strong IT skills including use of word and excel
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others.
- Strong IFRS and US GAAP technical accounting, judgement and analytical ability, relationship building and communication skills.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will need the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
Essential to the role are strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business including the senior executive team.
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London's largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.