Global Social Media Manager
Founded by opticians in 1998, Vision Direct is Europe’s largest online contact lens supplier.
We are recruiting for a Global Social Media Manager to join a friendly team of content specialists at our buzzy Camden Head office. With vast experience managing social strategy for international brands, you know how to build brilliant stories that keep our audiences engaged. You care deeply about the customer and your intuitive grasp of brand, creative & culture helps us to keep them happy.
- Develop & execute a brilliant social media strategy that works both locally and globally, with super-engaging, platform specific content
- Lead social strategy for brand campaigns, ensuring cross channel consistency
- Work closely with the Head of Content & Creative Director on social creative & messaging - test, optimise, check it’s on brand
- Collaborate with the Senior Outreach Manager on incredible influencer campaigns and exciting events our audiences will love
- Coach the Country Managers on social publishing, monitoring and reporting for their local markets, oversee their social content calendars and budgets
- Own the social customer care strategy and ensure an exceptional level of service is provided to all customers in all territories
- Manage monthly social performance reports across all territories & provide recommendations
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and changes in social media, as well as new practices for optimizing the effectiveness of the platforms.
- Become an advocate of Vision Direct in social media spaces, answering questions, engaging in dialogues, seeding content where appropriate
To be considered for this role you’ll need to have spent a vast experience in managing international social strategy for large retail brands, either agency side or in house.
- Delivering cross-channel social strategies focussed on acquisition & retention
- Managing a variety of social channels for leading international brands
- Overseeing social care strategy & providing coaching for care staff
- Finding, targeting and mobilizing social influencers on behalf of brands
- Managing the social budget and paid social advertising strategy for an international brand
- Coaching customer care team members on how to provide an exceptional customer experience across social channels
- Reporting on social performance to stakeholders and defining RoI
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, time management and teamwork skills
- Strong aesthetic sense and the ability to collaborate closely with creatives
- Analytical skills to draw conclusions from data and recommend improvements
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage top level strategy for multiple markets while also looking more granularly at creative
- Company pension paying up to 4% (after 3 months’ probation)
- Staff discount on our products (after 3 months’ probation)
- Regular company lunches and drinks
- Awesome summer and Christmas parties
- Plenty of training and development opportunities in an internal agency environment