Project Development Engineer - Renewables / Battery Storage
(Commercially astute) Project Development Engineer - Renewables / Battery Storage - Central London / Suffolk or home based. £40,000 to £50,000 + bonus.
This is a key role with a leading developer and operator of renewable energy assets with interests in solar PV, Biomass and CHP.
We are seeking an experienced electrical design engineer with strong commercial acumen to manage the design and engineering of battery storage projects & solar PV for industrial and commercial customers.
You'll be acting as a subject matter expert for the business development team across all projects and you'll share some accountability for achieving sales team targets, so it's a highly visible, commercially focussed role and offers exciting growth prospects.
You're a high calibre electrical engineering (or renewable engineering) graduate with solid engineering design experience in renewable energy and a broad commercial understanding of the sector.
You're looking for an opportunity to use your technical and commercial knowledge to enter the battery storage / wider renewables sector.
You may have gained your experience as a design engineer, project engineer or sales engineer (or a combination), you'll have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a technical role within the renewable energy sector and a successful track record in the UK market.
Experience in battery storage design is nice, but ground mount solar design experience will prepare you well.
- Electrical engineering or renewable engineering bachelors' or masters' degree.
- A good knowledge of renewable energy system design tools such as SLD, PVSyst etc.
- 5 years' experience in renewable energy.
- 12 months' ground mount solar.
- Strong commercial knowledge, PPAs, power prices, FiTs, project pricing etc.
- Confident professional approach, including strong English language communication skills, written and spoken.
- Right to work in the UK (EU Citizen ideally).
- Strong preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the UK.
Remuneration and location
A competitive salary in the region of £40,000 to £50,000 with bonus availability.
You can either be based at the company's offices in Central London or Suffolk. Consideration for home working will also be considered for strong candidates.