Faculty Marketing Advisor
These include analysing market needs, planning and producing advertising and direct marketing campaigns and planning and promoting major events such as University-wide Open Days and Applicant Days for prospective students. The role is part of the Faculty Marketing team, which is responsible for advising, supporting and serving the needs of the University's Faculties in student recruitment and conversion. The Faculty Marketing team's key aim is to optimise the position and proposition of Faculty provision through the student recruitment cycles - whilst integrating with and benefiting from University-wide marketing programmes.
The team also provides wider marketing support for each Faculty, in areas such as enterprise and business development (in conjunction with Enterprise marketing staff Marketing and Student Recruitment Section cover a number of strategic and operational strands or stakeholders, such as: Central and University-wide strategies and programmes. Internal clients such as Faculties. Specific channels or audiences or activities - such as CRM, postgraduate students, social media, events.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate level marketing qualification.
- An appreciation for and experience of working within an educational context.
- Experience of working within a marketing department.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of evaluation techniques and practices in marketing
- Demonstrable project management and organisational skills and ability to handle a multi task workload, including management of others' contribution.
- Conversant with good practice in planning and implementing market research.
- Analytical skills with the proven ability to interpret data and qualitative inputs.
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
- Effective influencer with ability to communicate confidently and diplomatically with staff at different levels in the organisation and form successful and productive working relationships.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues with a wide range of people at different levels, internally and externally.
- Numeracy skills and ability to be able to manage a budget and produce regular financial updates.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Working with others skills and ability to lead and work within a team.
- Both reactive and proactive in addressing recruitment marketing requirements.
- Ability to work co-operatively across organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals.
- Evidence of strategic marketing planning.
- Evidence of a strong client service ethic; able to develop good client relationships to gain the trust and credibility of key colleagues.
- Excellent written English; with the ability to write and edit content for offline and online marketing materials as appropriate.
- Strong Stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience within CRM
If you are interested in this position please do apply with an up to date word version of your cv highlighting all your relevant experience with your expected salary and notice period