Senior Python Engineer We're a fully backed mobile venture builder
Fuse are looking for an experienced, talented, curious, responsible and flexible software engineer to help us build great products and systems for our clients, and ourselves.
Fuse is a mobile venture builder. We combine a fantastic in-house team of engineers, our proprietary platform and the best bits of Agile development practice to launch great mobile businesses that solve problems of discovery and choice for users.
Our small, dynamic and passionate team all contribute to the design, development and concepting of our commission and proprietary work.
Our developers work with autonomy, finding and implementing their own solutions to the challenges of product development.
You can see our latest spinoffs by visiting www.bijoucommerce.com / www.theedit-app.com / www.getstack.co.uk / www.researcher-app.com
Fuse is part of the Blenheim Chalcot Group. Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading venture builder, with a successful track record of over 40 businesses. Today the group employs over 3000 people and has more than £500m in assets under management.
What’s it like to work here?
Here’s a list of some of the things that our engineers value. If it sounds like the right kind of environment for you, why not get in touch?
- We do our best to solve real user problems with our products, and have a data driven approach to finding out if we are doing that.
- We have high standards, and produce work that we’re proud of. We trust each other, and are personally accountable across the whole team.
- We’re free to make our own technology decisions
- We never stop learning
What you will be doing with us:
A few of the things which you can expect to do with us over the first few months in the job:
- Rebuild the architecture from the ground up of Stack to support several derived, niche content discovery apps
- Work with machine learning specialists to improve our recommendation engines in mobile commerce and content discovery
- Helping to build two prototypes; one in financial information, and one in e-sports
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
We are looking for a senior engineer with a proven track record and drive to succeed.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a small team and using a wide range of technologies. We strive to work in a smart and efficient way, and pride ourselves on delivering quickly.
It will be great for us if you:
- Are an experienced Python lead
- Have solid computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Are interested in agile methods
- Have good experience in relational database design
Other useful skills to have are:
- Having worked in startup environments
- An appreciation of the DevOps movement and having worked closely with fellow engineers and the operations team to deliver software safe, reliably and fast
- Having worked with or interested in DevOps tools (like Ansible, SaltStack, ...)
- Open and adaptive to new technologies (We try to find the right tool for the job, rather than clinging onto the old and known)
- Working and deploying code into a RedHat flavoured linux infrastructure (We use CentOS)
- An interest in machine learning and/or natural language processing