Fruit Buyer and Team Leader
Job Title: Fruit Buyer & Team Leader
Based: E14, Docklands, London
Hours: 9PM to 5AM (Overnights Sunday to Thursday)
We are recruiting for a small, well established but growing company based in E14 London who now employ a team of 26 people. We are looking for a motivated and assertive individual to join them, taking over the responsibility and management of their fruit operation.
We're looking for a night owl who is motivated and assertive individual to join them, taking over the responsibility and management of their thriving fruit operation.
You'll be responsible for purchasing high-quality fruit at the best price, whilst also keeping updated records to ensure all costs are within budget.
A good knowledge of fruits, including the storage, origin and seasonality is essential.
You will also be responsible for a growing team of fruit packers (up to 6 for now) and will use your own initiative and leadership skills to deliver within expected time scales/deadlines. Ensuring the corporate customers receive quality and seasonal fruits is your priority.
This will be a hands-on role and you will be expected to get involved at busy times.
You will be:
- An experienced fruit buyer
- A natural leader
- A problem solver
- Have a keen eye for quality
- Basic computer skills (Word and Excel)
Your primary role will include:
- Buying of high-quality fruit at the best price
- Managing the fruit packing team
- Liaising with the office to investigate and rectify any customer issues
- Liaising with other managers to ensure the operation runs as efficient as possible
- Stock checking of fruit to ensure levels are sufficient
- Ensuring quality control standards are adhered to
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within the depot
Typical hours of work will be 9pm - 5am so if you want a daytime job and 'normal' work hours, this is not the job for you!
Days worked will be Sunday to Thursday.
Salary will be £25-27,000 annually with 28 days paid holiday.
Please email a cover letter and CV (if you have one) to explain why you think you are the ideal candidate for this role. We are not worried about the quality of your CV as long as it tells us some basic and useful info about your suitability for this role.