Advisory Account Executive (Trainee Stockbroker)
An opportunity has arisen to work for a long established, successful and fully regulated, award-winning advisory brokerage and wealth management firm based in the City of London. Offering a wide variety of broking services, our Client is looking to recruit a committed and hungry Trainee Stockbroker/Account Executive, to add to their increasingly growing team.
YOU MUST HAVE AN APPETITE FOR SALES
YOU MUST BE CONFIDENT WITH STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS
YOU MUST BE HIGHLY ENTHUSIASTIC, HAVE ATTENTION TO DETAIL WITH THE HUNGER TO SUCCEED
PROFESSIONAL FCA QUALIFICATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT ARE WELCOMED
THIS ROLE ALSO WELCOMES APPLICATIONS FROM INEXPERIENCED CANDIDATES, BUT YOU MUST HOLD SOME TELEPHONE BASED SALES EXPERIENCE, IDEALLY ONE YEAR
Established in 2007, our Client offers bespoke broking services on a variety of financial products including Stock, Exchange Traded Funds, Commodities, CFD’s and Futures & Options. Their tailor-made Portfolio Management Service on Equities and Derivatives is provided to both Retail and Corporate Clients.
Our Client is currently looking to add suitable Candidates to its existing Sales team. The role involves contacting investors who have expressed interest in our Client’s research, promoting their advisory and portfolio management services over the telephone. Liaising with investors and counterparties to facilitate stock transfers from other brokers will also feature.
Full and ongoing training will be provided in order to develop market knowledge and experience which will enhance career development. The successful Candidate will receive a direct career path towards becoming a fully trained broker as well as the opportunity to study for the CISI Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) in either Securities or Derivatives, where exam and tuition fees will be covered by our Client. Within this fantastic package, you will have the opportunity to earn uncapped earnings whilst enjoying a 'work-hard, play-hard’ lifestyle.
The successful Candidate should have a minimum of one year telephone based sales experience together with excellent organisational skills along with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful Candidate must also have the following attributes - ambition, drive and a keen interest in securing a role within Financial Services. A basic understanding of the Stock Markets and how Financial Services operate is required together with the enthusiasm, confidence and desire to work hard. A hunger to succeed attitude is a must!
They should also be a confident individual who can work well under pressure and well within a team. The ideal Candidate must be strong and able to use their initiative in a calm and composed manner. They must also carry a professional approach at all times.
The role pays a basic salary of £18,000 per annum and a very healthy uncapped commission structure. Candidates that are successful and work hard can look to achieve OTE’s in excess of £50,000 per annum, within the first 2 to 3 years of employment. Hours of work will vary, but will generally be between 8:00am - 6:30pm, with a 4:30pm finish on a Friday.
- Preparing for daily market meetings (news roundup and summary)
- Always being alert and informed, improving your market knowledge by reading relevant newspapers, financial press and relative websites
- Provisionally arrange qualified prospect meetings
- Data input on the Company’s database
- Managing business pipeline (who to call and when)
- Other ad-hoc tasks (administrative or otherwise) that the Company may reasonably expect you to complete, 'as and when’ required
- Acting in line with Company policies and procedures at all times
Knowledge, Experience & Attributes:
- Minimum of one year telephone experience combined with a professional telephone manner
- Sales skills and sales experience is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and customer service skills are necessary
- The ability to operate in a lively and fast paced environment is crucial
- The ability to listen, understand, digest and execute, together with the motivation and hunger to succeed
- Role Type: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Aldgate, London EC3
- Department: Stockbroking
- Reports To: Managers & Directors
- Reference: CMAAETS-L
(website link - http://chamaleon .co. uk/jobSearch.aspx)